Re: Guile with dynamic readline support

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is still a bit hackish, but I made a short patch to add dynamic
> > readline support to guile.
>
> Hey, I did this as well.  I think I posted to the wrong mailing list,
> tho. Damn.
>
> In any case, please look at this, maybe you can use something from it.
> I don't want to have the last word on the legal issues, either.

This is basically the same than my patch does - it also uses the readline.c
from libguile.

However, after my last `scm_add_feature("gnu")' patch I just submitted to
the list, this can be done very cleanly in ice-9/boot.scm - conditionally
only linking in readline if it's a GPLed guile interpreter and catching
all exceptions.

I'm doing a new patch now.

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org