Re: [Guile and SLIB (and modules in general)]

Ariel Rios writes:
> Neel Krishnaswami <neelk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>

> > This would be great, except that I can't find any documentation about
> > Guile's module system, so I can't figure out how to turn it on. There
> > was a brief post in the mailing list archives that said to try using
> > "(define-module (guile) :use-module (ice-9 slib))", but when I tried
> > I got this:
>
> (use-modules (ice-9 slib))

I really appreciate the help -- now Guile is seeing my slib
directory. Even though I can't seem to find define-syntax in the slib
distribution, I did find an implementation of the record structure
used in EOPL, so things are good.

A couple of questions, though. Now that I've managed to import the
module, how do I load specific things that I want -- if I wanted to
put the define-record macro in the struct.scm file in the slib
directory into my top-level, what do I do?

Second, ice-9? What is that for? I recognize the Vonnegut reference,
but I can't figure out why it's there.

--
Neel Krishnaswami
neelk@alum.mit.edu