Re: [Guile and SLIB (and modules in general)]

Neel Krishnaswami <neelk@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Ariel Rios writes:
> > Neel Krishnaswami <neelk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> >

> > > This would be great, except that I can't find any documentation about
> > > Guile's module system, so I can't figure out how to turn it on. There
> > > was a brief post in the mailing list archives that said to try using
> > > "(define-module (guile) :use-module (ice-9 slib))", but when I tried
> > > I got this:
> >
> > (use-modules (ice-9 slib))

The use-modules makes guile aware of slib and defines slib's require. To
use something, say format, from slib, you also have to say
(require 'format)

See the slib doc for what you can require.

Guile has its own implementation of define-syntax. You can access it with
(use-modules (ice-9 syncase))

For some reason or other, guile's "system" modules are all underneath
ice-9; it should really be called (guile syncase) etc. What Vonnegut novel
does ice-9 allude to ?

David