Re: Guile for Linux

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 10:07:08PM -0400, Jeff Read wrote:
> Ashish Shah wrote:
>
> > I am new to Guile. Could someone tell me whether Guile can work on Linux ?
> > Is there any separate distribution? Has anyone tried it?
>
> Yep. Guile works on Linux. It's GNU software; Linux, currently the
> prevalent GNU system, should be one of the most important Guile targets.
> Simply d/l the tarball, run configure and make, and it should work. I
> dunno about options rpm or deb wise (I use Slackware with a couple of
> Red Hat packages grafted onto it) but hunt around.

It's a default in the redhat installation.  Parts of gnome like to have
it.  I suspect that by now debian does the same, or at least that it's a
standard option.

--
Peter C. Norton                      Time comes into it. / Say it.  Say it.
spacey@pobox.com                   | The Universe is made of stories,

                                     Muriel Rukeyser "The Speed of Darkness"