Re: Guile for servlets (a sort of generic mod_guile)

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> Since servlets are objects and Scheme isn't an object
> orientated language (?)

Scheme supports OO through various libraries. I believe a standard OO
library will is being put into scheme now.

> 1. is the Guile project wholly written in Scheme or is
> there C there as well? (apart from the Scheme language
> implementation and low-level libraries)

The core of guile is C.

> 2. Is there any possibility of making Guile work with
> GNU-Kawa, the Scheme compiler for Java byte codes?

What do you mean by "work with Kawa"?

> 3. What is the current expection of the finish date for
> Guile?

When was a software project ever finished? :-)

> 4. Would Guilers be interested in this?

Absolutely. I'd love to write my web stuff in guile. The only thing
holding me back is someone to spoon feed me an easy replacement for
modperl + DBI.