Re: mod_guile design problems

thi <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

>> forcer writes:
>> > - I want to make smob's for the request_rec, server_rec and
>> >   conn_rec structures. Those are actually automagically
>> >   destroyed by apache when it's done with it. I have no idea how to
>> >   handle this - mod_guile modules can of course store the smob's
>> >   wherever they like, and access them even after the real
>> >   ones have vanished. sadly, apache does *not* provide a clean
>> >   way to register "cleanup"-functions for these structures.
>>
>> > perhaps this is a good place to use guardians?
>> Where can i find any information about guardians?
>
> there is a link to guardians on this page:
>
>   http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/qdocs/html/qdocs_toc.html

Hmm.. Guardians can be used to guard Scheme objects from the
Guile garbage collector. The problem is, that it's neither a
Scheme object i want to "protect" nor is it guile's garbage
collector that is freeing the object. :(
	-forcer

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://forcix.cx/")
 (irc   . "forcer@#StarWars (IRCnet)") (gpg . "/other/forcer.gpg"))