Re: Guile for servlets (a sort of generic mod_guile)

>>> Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> 6/30/99 4:33:23 PM >>>
>After reading your post, I'm unclear on the relationship between
>Paperclips and Java.  Is Paperclips an implementation of an
interface
>specified in Java?  Does it call Java code?

Paperclips is written in Java.

A servlet is generally a Java object, the object sits in a special
runtime environment called a Servlet-Engine.

The Servlet-Engine is usually an HTTP server that dispatches HTTP
requests to servlets based on a servlet to URI path mapping.

eg: if I map the servlet HelloWorld.class to the URI path
/helloworld

and then make a request to the server: http://server/helloworld

then the HelloWorld servlet is passed the request.

I have been chatting with Per Bothner (who runs the GNU-Kawa project)
and he and I are slowly working this out.

We will keep the Guile list updated if that's alright?

Nic Ferrier
Tapsell-Ferrier Ltd
www.tapsellferrier.co.uk