Re: Bracket heresies. What about subscripting?

CB> If you were writing nice functional code I don't think you'd be using
CB> vectors as a data structure very much. Better make that two icy cold
CB> showers and a full weekend of SICP :-).

While the smiley might cover the first sentence as well as the second,
I would like to point out that there are certainly situation when you
need a vector, even if you want to write your programs
functionally.

But more interesting, isn't a good practice to use vectors for data in
order to avoid cons'ing? I have read from time to time (recently in a
post on this list by Tanel Tammet, the author of Hobbit) that
cons'ing is bad if you want good performance, and my interpretation is
that you need vectors instead of pairs to group data.

	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden