Re: Reader option to permit brackets as parentheses

Telford Tendys <telford@eng.uts.edu.au> writes:

> end of my functions. Probably the reason that it irritates me is that
> I like to use kill-line and paste-line on my editor to move bits of code
> around and when I do that in LISP or scheme I always have to go back
> and clean up the parens.

I had the same problem too, and occasionally still do.

But I found that if you use sexp-based motion, marking, killing and
yanking rather than line-based motion, marking, killing, and yanking;
alot of these issues can be avoided.

If you have your keyboard set up right, with a real Meta modifier key,
then it's particularly useful.  Cause it's all the usual commands for
motion and killing plus the Meta modifier.  Otherwise you gotta pound
the ESC, which is a bitch.

It's not a 100% solution, despite what some people on c.l.l might say,
but it is very useful and it might help some.

oh, of course, I'm assuming your using ?emacs.

--
Craig Brozefsky                         <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software     http://www.red-bean.com/~craig