Re: the viability of translators, and Guile itself

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> That path involves real documentation, a source-level debugger,
> Guile/GTK, GOOPS, generational GC, and internationalization.

As to Guile/Gtk, I'm doing a miserable job lately.  It is still way to
hard to get started with it and it is still too incomplete to get very
far with it.

However, I think that the fundamental machinery is well established.
I think contributing to it is quite easy.  So, I'd like to encourage
everyone who is interested in Guile and Gtk (and Gnome) to just try it
out the guile-gtk package, with the confidence that once you get stuck
there is almost certainly an easy way out.

    http://www.ping.de/sites/zagadka/guile-gtk/

- Marius