Re: const-ness patch for guile-1.3

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> > P.S.  If people are interested, I'll make the same change to dev guile;
> > I just want to do it when no one else is messing with the tree or hoping
> > to commit as it's a rather pervasive change to the code that will result
> > in plenty of merge conflicts if we don't coordinate.
>
> In principle, I think this is a good idea.
>
> There are several huge patches I want to look at over the next few
> days (most notably, Jost has a new, improved version of his
> environments), so I think the constness should wait for that.

Well, my constness patch is relative to 1.3;  I assume the environments
stuff is going in dev guile, not guile-1.3.  I'd like the const-ness
patch in 1.3.1, and will do it over for dev guile when the code is
otherwise stable and there aren't patches waiting to be merged (since
the constness changes will cause merge conflicts otherwise).

Greg