Re: The taming of the before-gc-hook (was Re: Upcoming 1.3.2 release)

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> I'm willing to revisit this issue when someone shows up with a problem
> in an actual application which they are having a hard time solving
> without an after-gc-hook.  But for now, we should leave it out.

I'm not sure exactly what this remark is referring to, but Scwm
definitely needs to be able to register both a C function to be run
before the GC, and another C function to be run after the GC.  We don't
need to be able to run Scheme code, just invoke a C function of no
arguments.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. We need the after "hook" to, e.g., undo the change of appearance of
the X11 cursor.