Re: Polymorphism in Scheme (Re: records)

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj-pc.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Ah, but that is only a trick which is used to prevent the syntax-case
> system to overwrite *primitive* syntactic forms.  That mechanism is
> easy to adjust: you get the correct behaviour if you set the symbol
> property of the same environment which provides the primitive
> syntactic forms (standard let, if etc).

Sigh...  I wanted to keep this discussion short since there is no deep
things burried here (I promise to patch syncase.scm in 10 minutes when
the new module system is here).

And then I go about talking rubbish without thinking.

The use of symbol properties in syncase.scm is correct also in the new
system.  I *wanted* primitive-syntax to be a global property of the
symbol, regardless of the context.

It's the use of object-properties of variables which should be
modified.  Probably it's just to replace the variables with the
vcells.  I'll take a closer look when we've got the new system.

(Sorry for the fuzz.)