Re: Bad define placement?

Tano Fotang <fotang@yahoo.com> writes:

> I hope that's a good thing. This define thing infected
> so much code that it should maybe be made standard.

To me that proves how good the change is.  This kind of
incompatibility with R5RS generates a lot of confusion.  E.g., you can
easily be fooled into thinking that your own code is portable, while
in fact it isn't.

Jim has made a policy decision that we will, in most respects, be R5RS
compatible and I think that is very wise.

One could argue that it would be a better solution if internal defines
were rewritten to letrec* instead of letrec.  The right forum for
promoting this change is in comp.lang.scheme.  As soon as RnRS changes
on this point, Guile will as well.