Re: Bad define placement?

> Cc: Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>,
>         guile@sourceware.cygnus.com, djurfeldt@nada.kth.se
> From: Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com>

> > The definitive part of the definitive R5RS is the formal syntax and
> > semantics at the end of the document.  :)
>
> Actually, just to shed some darkness on the issue, I've heard Bill
> Rozas (one of the authors) say that the semantics are *not*
> definitive, and are only meant as an elaboration on the english text,
> which is definitive.

To be even more specific, shortly after R5RS was published I pointed out
that the definition of DYNAMIC-WIND had been changed in the English,
but not in the formal semantics.  William Clinger (one of the two main
editors) said "Oops.  The English is definitive".

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---