ooops define-class syntax

I just noticed that the goops manual specifies:

     (define-class CLASS (SUPERCLASS ...)
        SLOT-DESCRIPTION ...
        CLASS-OPTION ...)

while STklos has:

     (define-class CLASS (SUPERCLASS ...)
        (SLOT-DESCRIPTION ...)
        ??? ...)

Notice that Stk requires an extra pair of parens around the
SLOT-DESCRIPTIONs - just like CLOS's defclass.
This surprised me, given that goops is said to be based on STk,
but I guess that is only the "implementation".

I'm not necessarily saying this is bad.  RScheme also eschews
the extra parens, and personally that would be my preference too.
But perhaps the manual should be changed to explicitly dislaim
compatibility, e.g.:

  GOOPS is the object oriented extention to Guile. Its implementation is
  derived from STk-3.99.3 by Erick Gallesio and version 1.3 of the Gregor
  Kickzales `Tiny-Clos';  however, it is not actually compatible with
  either.  It is very close in spirit to CLOS, the Common Lisp
  Object System (`CLtL2') but is adapted for the Scheme language.
--
	--Per Bothner
bothner@pacbell.net  per@bothner.com   http://www.bothner.com/~per/