Re: New multilingual text support

>>>>> "Jim" == Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

[ David Gray's extensible stream proposal for CL ]

    Jim> Are "Gray streams" the streams described in the ugly green
    Jim> book?

Hmm.  Which ugly green book is this?  My Jargon file only lists the IEEE
1003.1 POSIX OS interface standard, which is *probably* not what you
wanted, or CLTL2 in one of the `yucky green' printings, which doesn't
talk about the proposed stream library.

I know Allegro CL and CMUCL now do Gray streams, but documentation isn't
the easiest thing to come across.

ftp://parcftp.xerox.com/pub/cl/cleanup/mail/stream-definition-by-user.mail

appears to contain a late version of the proposal, and ACL comes with
documentation on their stream system, a superset of the Gray
proposal.  Hopefully this is enough for an idea; I can dig up more
documentation if it becomes necessary.
--
Graham Hughes <graham@ccs.ucsb.edu>
GPG Fingerprint: 4FC5 80F0 63EB 00BE F438  E365 084B 4010 60BF 17D3