Re: guile bugs

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj-pc.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Miroslav Silovic <silovic@zesoi.fer.hr> writes:
>
> > I fully agree with the above sentiment, however, it's not the main
> > problem. The main problem is that C compiler won't report errors like
> >
> > if (scm_procedure_p(foo))
>
> Greg's suggestion # 2 will solve this problem.

Not really - pointers will autocast into a boolean without a warning.

Incidentally I just tested passing and returning structs rather than
pointers to them. gcc won't use registers. Even worse, gcc 2.95
generates unimplemented instruction on SPARC (can we say D'oh! bug?)

--
How to eff the ineffable?