Partial success with prerelease.

I have downloaded and built the 1.3.4-pre snapshot. No problems on Redhat 5.2 Linux.
On Ultrix (MIPS) 4.2, with gcc 2.7.2.1, I found a problem. This system is said
by configure to have restartable system calls, but does NOT define SA_RESTART.
This makes libguile/scmsigs.c uncompileable at line 452. I added a nasty extra
pair of #ifdef SA_RESTART around the if, and then it compiles and runs OK.

I have not tried this change on the Linux machine, but it seems likely to always
be safe. I have no idea if the Ultrix guile will suffer from horrible problems;
can anybody suggest a way to check if the change is harmful. Appart from that
it is impressively much faster to start,

time guile -c "(quit)"

yields

0.15user 0.00system 0:00.15elapsed 99%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
0in
puts+0outputs (184major+105minor)pagefaults 0swaps

compared with 0.48 for 1.3.2 and about 0.7 for 1.3 !! Keep those factors of
two coming; I await 1.3.8 with interest :-)

Julian
ps: yes, I know you just defer loading some optional code, but it will shut
some of the whingers up.