Re: guile-1.3.4pre - build reports

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 01:02:30 +0200 (CEST), Klaus.Schilling@munich.netsurf.de wrote:
> Jim Blandy writes:
>  >
>  > There's no dejagnu test suite.  The Guile test suite is written in
>  > Guile.  :) We're going to integrate it with the sources in the next
>  > release; 'make check' will do the right thing.
>  >
> Is it possible to rewrite dejagnu completely with using guile's
> expect module and unix/ipc interface? I think pseudoterminals are
> especially needed. (They are not well described in the guile-ref,
> but what is accurately documented anyways ...)

This already exists - it's called Greg and an old version is available from
GNU ftp sites.  I'll put an up-to-date version in place as soon as the FSF
people give me a new password.

In the meantime, you can get a version that works with guile-1.3.4pre (at
least on GNU/Linux and on Unixware) via anonymous CVS.  It's part of the
'guile' module of the GNUstep project at -
CVSROOT=":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.net-community.com:/gnustep"
(cvs checkout -z3 guile)

Having checked out the 'guile' module, you can just go to the Greg
subdirectory and ignore the rest of the package (which is Guile <-->
Objective-C interface stuff, and probably pretty useless unless you are using
GNUstep).