Re: RnRS/Guile multi-let binding?

   Sender: guile-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
   Cc: guile@sourceware.cygnus.com
   From: Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com>
   Date: 23 Sep 1999 18:10:33 -0500

   > Is there any standard way to do a binding like this:
   >
   > (multi-let ((label action image-left)
   >             (menu-item-properties menuitem))
   >      ... code using bindings of label action image-left ...
   >
   > I know this is easy to do (using rewrite to lambda where the actual args
   > are the second list of elements), but is there some standard technique
   > or module?  It comes up a lot when decomposing lists and trying to write
   > readable Scheme code.

   Somebody whose name escapes me did a nice pattern-matching package for
   Scheme.  I want to snarf it for Guile; pattern matching is so nice.

I use Andrew Wright's.  I may have even ported it to an old version of
guile, thought that's not a big deal if you use the slib version.  You
can get a copy at the Internet Scheme Repository.

   http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/

Or you can get it directly from Andrew's page, along with other goodies.

   http://www.intertrust.com/star/wright/code.html

Cliff

--
Clifford Beshers                     Computer Graphics and User Interfaces Lab
beshers@cs.columbia.edu                         Department of Computer Science