Backtraces no longer have source information

Sometime since guile-1.3 some of the debugging options seem to have
changed.

Scwm now must do:

(debug-enable 'debug) (read-enable 'positions)

to get back to the guile-1.3 behaviour.

I can't find mention of these changes in NEWS, the ChangeLog or the cvs
commit logs.  Am I just overlooking them, were they forgotten, or is
something else going on that I'm not aware of?

In particular, according to the NEWS log, (debug-enable 'backtrace)
should've been necessary since Guile-1.0b3, but I'm pretty sure it
wasn't needed in guile-1.3  (Scwm had a flag to turn it off, and
assummed it was on by default).

Thanks,
Greg