Re: closures for GOOPS privates

    Jost> The problem with this solution is that you can't put the
    Jost> related classes "bike" and "piano" (yes, yes, it's a silly
    Jost> example but I don't have some nice eiffel examples here) and
    Jost> the class "piano-bike" into a single module.

Actually, I keep wondering when (and *why*) you would want conflicting
classes to be inherited.  Everytime I hear this particular argument I
can help but think, "Bad OOA".  To me, the correlary is, "don't do
that" (As in the punchline to "Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I do
that").

It's possible that I'm missing something about GOOPS, but it seems the
Real Problem (tm) is that GOOPS is missing a way to specify a
particular inherited method (piano::pedal or bike::pedal in c++).  But
that brings me back to my original conclusion, "Bad OOA".  If it is
necessary to know which parent-class is implementing a method, then
the design and not the fact that it's hard to code is the real
problem.

Cheers,

Clark