Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

Excerpts from ext.guile: 28-Sep-99 Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME Bill
Nell@mathworks.com (1607*)

>   You should check out ILU.  It is a free CORBA system from Xerox Parc.
> I wrote some Guile bindings for it a couple years ago.  I don't know
> the current status of things (I haven't been following either ILU or Guile
> too closely).

Bill,

It's still working with the latest release of ILU, 2.0beta1, but we
haven't upgraded to later releases of Guile.  The sources for your Guile
bindings are in the current ILU sources, and perhaps could be adapted
for Orbit.  Or, you could just use ILU; it should interoperate just fine
with GNOME using IIOP.

For scripting, the Python support in ILU is superb.  I really haven't
seen a better solution for CORBA scripting than Python.

Bill