Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > >    So, I would like to know if someone is interested in working on
> > > adding CORBA support to Guile, and a good, solid foundation exists
> > > that can be taken as a reference.
> >
> > I'm interested in doing this, but I lack spare time. Still, I'll /try/
> > to cut into it. Maybe. Sometime. :)
>
> Also, I have heard about a new object system for Guile, using this
> would be an extra bonus ;-)

  Well, you could always try and borrow some of what I did for ILU.  It
might prove to be a useful starting point.  I don't know much about GOOPS
but when I was writing the ILU bindings for Guile I tried a bunch of
different OO systems (tiny-clos, meroon, yasos).  I found tiny-clos and
meroon to be incredibly slow (about an order of magnitude slower) compared
to yasos.  I know tiny-clos & meroon are much more powerful, but all that
extra baggage wasn't necessary or worth it.

Bill