Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

Excerpts from ext.guile: 28-Sep-99 Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME Mikael
Djurfeldt@thalamu (751)

> Miguel de Icaza <miguel@gnu.org> writes:

> (I'm working on GOOPS.)

> Yes, I think it's a very good idea to involve GOOPS.  I should say
> that I haven't studied CORBA yet, but in GOOPS it's quite easy to
> create proxy objects where slot access leads to arbitrary actions such
> as communication with the real object.  This seems useful for CORBA.

That would be an interesting to support ILU's `custom surrogates' (what
Orbix calls `smart proxies').  It might be interesting to re-do Bill
Nell's ILU work with GOOPS (and bring it up to the latest Guile version
at the same time).

Bill