Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> > I'm not so sure.  GOOPS still seems to be under flaming discussion,
> > and still changing and undocumented.
>
> I think I have to emphasize that GOOPS is GUILE's standard OO extension.

I second Jost on this.

There is no question.  Next non-bugfix release of Guile will have
GOOPS built into the core.

Also, the most radical change that may be advantageous to make is to
cut away slot-ref/set!.

This means that if you avoid slot-ref/set! in your code, you are
unlikely to experience any larger changes compared to goops-0.1.4.