Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Klaus Schilling wrote:

> Bill Nell writes:
>  > So is there any interest in the CORBA community for Scheme bindings?  It
>  > would be totally cool if my bindings could get into the CORBA spec!
>
> Cool. But I fear that R5RS  is too weak as a base for Corba bindings.
> So there will be a hard time to do it implementation independant.
> Alas, Common Lisp isn't much better off. I'v seen Ilu bindungs just
> for Allegro, not for free CL imps like Clisp and CMUCL.
>
> Klaus Schilling

Well, it has been a long time since I first implemented it, but I don't
remember using any features of Guile that couldn't easily be implemented
using the R4RS standard (R5RS hadn't been out at the time).

So, I don't think it would be too hard to make it implementation
independent.

If anyone is really interested I would take the time to dig out the old
code out and make it as vanilla Scheme (R4RS, R5RS?) as possible.

Bill