Re: Guile, CORBA and GNOME

On 6 Oct 1999, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Reading the ILU docs, the Guile bindings seem to be built on top of
> YASOS.  In the section on "Object types", it says, "Each object is
> mapped to an ILU-YASOS object."
>
> I can appreciate that YASOS is portable, while GOOPS is not.  Perhaps
> we could emulate YASOS on top of GOOPS.  But it seems like a pain.  I
> would much rather have the system generate bindings specific to Guile
> that use GOOPS.

I can understand that.  I've downloaded the latest ILU and I think I will
download the latest Guile and take a look at GOOPS.  If I have some spare
time I can look at emulating YASOS with GOOPS or if I am feeling really
adventurous I'll see how hard it would be to add a switch to the stubber
to generate GOOPS bindings.

Bill