Ports

Hi everybody, I'm new to this list and I've some
problem to interface Guile with my C++ program.
All I want to do is redirect all output (like
errors) to a graphical console (a la Gimp). I think
to best thing to do is to redirect to standard and
error output to a pipe and read from it.
I'm using the 1.3.4 version of Guile and I'm wondering
why the scm_standard_stream_to_port() function
disapeared in from the 1.3 version?? It might be very
useful! (it is now replaced with a file descriptor
convertion function).
I've tried to make a new output port for Guile (for
function scm_set_current_output_port() and
scm_set_current_error_port()) but it doesn't seems
to work. Maybe I'm badly using pipes?

In other words is there is another method to do such
a thing?

Thanx.

Frederic BRUNEL            Phone: (+33)0 556 123 750
Game/App Developer                      UIN: 2189048
brunel@mail.dotcom.fr    http://www.chez.com/brunel/