memory usage

  Hello again.  I've noticed in the disassembler->scheme value converter
that decoding a 260k file makes the modified interpreter (I just added the
converter procedure) grow to 183 megs!  The machine I'm using has 196
megs, but it's swapping pretty badly.
  Any idea why the interpreter would grow the heap so large (I don't think
the representation I'm building could take up more than, say, 20 times the
size of the binary itself at the worst, which would only take about 5
megs).  Better, any way to change this behaviour?  I'm using the CVS
version of guile from a couple of days ago.

Lynn