A few random thoughts

Just a few bits that I haven't gotten around to addressing.

1) Community stuff: back when it looked like the guile website was
   going to get a dedicated server, I was thinking about different
   services that it could provide to the guile community; the main
   idea was a chat site (in wilder fits of fancy, I thought it might
   be cool to have a server for some violent game, where guile people
   could go frag each other with impunity (and it would give me an
   excuse to work on guile doom, which has been a sort of nagging at
   me ever since I mentioned it during the discussion about
   incremental gc's and guile performance), but that's just too
   stupid, and more likely to breed less than amiable feelings
   ;). There are still options for this, though (freeprojects.net will
   provide irc channels, for instance, and this'd be a cool way to
   test out the guile irc clients). What I thought was that it'd be
   really cool to have once a month `meeting' where you could get
   people working on guile and people using guile together to chat
   about what they like and don't like, and what's being done. This
   has some problems (timezone differences are the first thing that
   comes to mind), but I still think it would be worth a try if enough
   people are willing. Any other suggestions for this sort of thing?

2) The guile website, the projects list, etc...: what's missing? The
   only way they'll be improved is if you bitch about them (nicely, of
   course... bitch nicely :). I've noticed that there have been some
   questions on the list looking for stuff that is on the projects
   list, so is it that it's too hard to find anything on the list, or
   is it that people don't know that the list exists (so I should be
   pimping it more ;).

--
Greg