Re: (x)emacs mode for guile?

Valentin Kamyshenko <val@kamysh.materials.kiev.ua> writes:

> What wizards usually use for working with guile in (x)emacs?
>
> I suspect that I do not understand how to use (ice-9 emacs) module.
> In fact, I use the guile-interface.el (which I have found somewhere at
> red-bean) within the inf-lisp mode of xemacs. It works satisfactory,
> but the inclusion of (ice-9 emacs) (or calling guile with --emacs
> option) seems to be unnecessary: it just leads to printing of ^s and
> ^f symbols after the prompt, which are not used.
>
> I have not found any comments in .../ice-9/emacs.scm file, that
> explain how to use it.

Once upon a time, an inexperienced programmer wrote a crazy hack under
really big stress, with many occasions of hackin in quick kludges on
top of it:

ftp://ftp.nada.kth.se/SANS/programs/guile/guileint-1.4.tar.gz

I like the behaviour but not the code.  I had plans to rewrite it and
release it.  As usual, you obtain the documentation using software
archeology.  I should mention one concept, though.  When a scheme
buffer is "attached", it means that changes in the sources should be
automatically propagated into Guile.