Re: I resign as Guile maintainer

We can certainly have a number of people helping with the work, but
there has to be a specific person or a specific group which is in
charge on behalf of the GNU Project and makes the important decisions.

For most GNU programs, the chief maintainer is an individual, but the
chief maintainer of GCC is a committee and it seems to be working ok.
We are setting up similar committees for GDB and Autoconf.  If a committee
seems like the best solution for Guile, we could use that.

The people on the committee should be chosen for being experienced,
wise, and capable of making good decisions on major issues--in effect,
they should be the "elders" of the project.  They don't necessarily
all have to do a lot of writing or bug fixing, and there may be people
who do a lot of work but are not yet ready to be good "elders".

I'll ask a few people to suggest privately who would be good elders
for the committee.  One goal should be that no one company's employees
dominate the committee.