Re: [Documentation] non-reference structure & sources

Andrew Chadwick <andrew.chadwick@symbian.com> writes:

> Just my two'penn'orth: I've tried to collate and organise the various
> thoughts people have been having on this list and some sources of
> information and make a sensible ordering for them. Hope it makes
> sense.

>    * HOWTO-style docs for specific techniques
>       - Grab http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/qdocs/html/qdocs_toc.html
>       - Grab http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/faq/guile-faq.html#Recipes
>       - Perhaps automatic linking to+from the reference?
>       * Processing text
>          - http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/faq/guile-faq.html#File%20by%20lines
> 	 - ports, calling with input from port, string-fun
>       * CGI: http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme-Z-H-19.html#%_chap_17
>       * Sockets
>       * Threads / coroutines
>
>    * Extending the language
>       - gh_ interface (mostly existing)
>       - calling scheme from C
>       - adding types (http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/data-rep.html#SEC24)
>       - interfacing with the module system (doesn't SCWM do this?
>         can't remember).

This is the target area for th FAQ I started.  I haven't added much to
it lately, but I would like to keep it going.  Your specific
suggestions are just the sort of thing that gives me the initiative to
do something.

Thanks,
-russ

--
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."