Re: Scwm docstrings change

Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 01:36:56PM -0800, Greg J. Badros wrote:
> > The average C programmer shouldn't be reading the
> > Guile source anyway.  It's far more important that the invariants
> > between the two parts be clearly intimately tied (and statically
> > checked, though separating them would only complicate, not eliminate,
> > the static checking that scwmdoc does).
> Reminds me of Tom Lord's C analyzer he used to automatically check various
> invariants in systas (his variant of guile, before and after he was in
> charge). Is anyone working on such technology for guile?

I don't know what kinds of invariants Tom's checked, but Scwm has a
system that I'm planning on porting to the Guile infrastructure to do
some simple but important stuff.  The Usenix paper submission on Guile
available from http://scwm.mit.edu/ has some details, or you can look at
scwmdoc in the Scwm repository.

Greg