Re: Documentation procedure

Per> forcer <forcer@mindless.com> writes:
>> Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:
>>
>> >         (set! (documentation VALUE) DOC-STRING)
>> >         Associate the documentation string DOC-STRING with VALUE.
>>
>> I don't like set! with a list as the first argument - it's not
>> the set! we know from R5RS (more like setf from CL)

Per> Yes, but it's the generalized set! that Guile (and Kawa) has

STk has it too.

The generalized update functionality was originalled added under the
name of `setf!' but later integrated into `set!'  (following some
amount of discussion as I recall).

Christian Lynbech          | Ericsson Telebit A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrikvej 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.tbit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)