Re: Documentation proposal

>>>>> "Lalo" == Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com> writes:

Lalo> It's easy to generate texinfo from sgml.

This is not quite my experience. I gave up on trying to produce
texinfo output from the generated scwm sgml manual (though I admnit I
could have tried harder).

Lalo> The tools to handle sgml are a lot better than the few tools to
Lalo> handle texinfo

Except that is my understanding that compiling and installing the
necessary is pretty hairy. At least those of us with Debian systems
are quite well supported in this respect though.

Lalo> (basically, with texinfo, either you use emacs or good luck).

I do not really understand this. The `makeinfo' program works very
well for generating info files. Texinfo authoring is a quite different
matter of course.

I am not countering the idea of using sgml, as long as we are dead
sure we can get info manuals out of it in the end (which does not have
to be that hard for a simple welldefined set of sgml tags). The web
really sucks compared to the info system for online documentation

(I pretty much thinks that the web sucks - period :-)

Christian Lynbech          | Ericsson Telebit A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrikvej 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.tbit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)