Re: Documentation proposal

<199912030051.QAA25553@endor> <ofd7sktqvv.fsf@chl.tbit.dk>
<qrrvh6bkj2r.fsf@clavicle.cs.washington.edu>
<19991206052736.C550@webcom.com> <ofn1rl4tim.fsf@chl.tbit.dk>
CC: hjstein@bfr.co.il

Christian Lynbech <chl@tbit.dk> writes:

 > Lalo> It's easy to generate texinfo from sgml.
 >
 > This is not quite my experience. I gave up on trying to produce
 > texinfo output from the generated scwm sgml manual (though I admnit
 > I could have tried harder).

Same here.  The difficulty being that the scwm sgml is closer to
straight mark-up than semantically tagged text.  However,
scwm-embedded-documentation->texinfo should be straight forward (if
you know what you want the texinfo file to look like).

If anyone wants to toy with this, my guile implementation of the scwm
documentation extractor is included in the scwm distribution.  But
talk to me first because I have a newer version on a local hard disk
somewhere...

--
Harvey Stein
Bloomberg LP