"Harvey J. Stein" <hjstein@bfr.co.il> writes:

> <199912030051.QAA25553@endor> <ofd7sktqvv.fsf@chl.tbit.dk>
> <qrrvh6bkj2r.fsf@clavicle.cs.washington.edu>
> <19991206052736.C550@webcom.com> <ofn1rl4tim.fsf@chl.tbit.dk>
> CC: hjstein@bfr.co.il
>
> Christian Lynbech <chl@tbit.dk> writes:
>
>  > >>>>> "Lalo" == Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com> writes:
>  >
>  > Lalo> It's easy to generate texinfo from sgml.
>  >
>  > This is not quite my experience. I gave up on trying to produce
>  > texinfo output from the generated scwm sgml manual (though I admnit
>  > I could have tried harder).
>
> Same here.  The difficulty being that the scwm sgml is closer to
> straight mark-up than semantically tagged text.  However,
> scwm-embedded-documentation->texinfo should be straight forward (if
> you know what you want the texinfo file to look like).
>
> If anyone wants to toy with this, my guile implementation of the scwm
> documentation extractor is included in the scwm distribution.  But
> talk to me first because I have a newer version on a local hard disk
> somewhere...

And the guile version is not updated to support the recently-changed
docstring format that includes the docstring as a final argument to the
macro, rather than as a comment immediately after the entity in
question.  Only the perl version of the documentation extractor works
right now;  it doesn't use the new *.doc files that are created from the
.c files, though-- it just scans the source code rather dumbly and will,
e.g., include docstrings for primitives that are #if 0'd out.

Greg