Re: docstrings in Guile!

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg J Badros <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

Greg> Michael Livshin <mlivshin@bigfoot.com> writes:
>> "Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>>
>> hmmm...  isn't it backwards-compatible?

Greg> What, guile-doc-snarf?  I suppose it is, though that is an
Greg> implementation detail.  The calling sequence from the makefile
Greg> is a little different, though (guile-doc-snarf demultiplexes its
Greg> two output streams by opening the files itself, guile-snarf just
Greg> writes its output to stdout and the makefile is responsible for
Greg> redirecting that into the .x file).
Pleeease, do not forget to include into the distribution both
versions. I mean, guile-snarf (without "-doc-") was used by authors
of many packages, based on guile. We _must_ have the "exact" backward
compatibility here.

--
Best regards,
	Valentin.