Re: Making Guile slower?

Ok, just two further things:

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

Sorry, I thought I responded to Greg Badros.  (I *did* experience the
style as foreign.)

> If you have a sloppy policy with this, the gap in performance
> compared to SCM will increase.

The idea I wanted to express here is that if you repeatedly make small
changes increasing evaluation time by 5%, say, it won't be long before
you have a big effect on the total.  Therefore, it is my personal
opinion that every change influencing performance should have a really
strong motivation, and be made with knowledge of the effects.