Request for policy: regression tests

As you know, Jim has written a testsuite found in CVS module
"guile-modules".

I think we should take as a policy always to run guile-test after
changes we don't feel we have 100% control over, and not commit things
if the change doesn't pass the test-suite.  [This is not intended as
criticism.  This policy hasn't been stated explicitly for all
developers.]

Also, lately Jim tried to force all developers always to add a test
to the suit which exposes the bug when fixing it.  This way, we'll
notice if any change someone makes re-introduces the bug.

With the current CVS version of Guile, guile-test immediately
generates a segmentation fault on my machine...  :(