Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

Clark McGrew <mcgrew@ale.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:

>     Greg> The only issue I can see is with having parenthesis (for
>     Greg> those of us always putting in little parentical comments
>     Greg> like this one), but I think I could live with having to
>     Greg> escape parenthesis \(might break me of the habit, tho I
>     Greg> doubt it ;)\).
>
> One option might be to prefix the tags, say with a @, and then surround
> the value with {}'s...  One advantage is that "@" doesn't show up in
> much code.  I used ()'s in a document extractor I wrote and I sort of
> wish I'd used @blah{blat} instead.

For the record, I think this is a bad idea, but you folks may be more
sold on SGML/XML technology after taking a look at some interesting
work the Scheme and Lisp community has done that leverages Scheme/Lisp
for SGML processing.  If you haven't already, see:

http://www.latte.org/latte.html

and

http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/laml/

Greg