Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

> "Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>

> > Tables.  Figures.
>
> Both would be for the full manual. How are we going to show these
> docstrings with tables in them by doing (procedure-documentation foo)?

|----------------------------|
| Format       | Goodness    |
|----------------------------|
| SGML DocBook | *****       |
| TeXInfo      | **          |
|-----------------------------

:-)

Tables are possible in ASCII, for sure.  Figures less so, but it'd be
nice to stick with one format.

> Are we going to have to run guile in xwindows, with output to xdvi or
> gv in order to get docstrings? Obviously not. Like I said, this isn't
> the manual, this is the base documentation for procedures and
> variables. The manual can be built around these; you don't want to get
> a rendition of a cons cell if you do (procedure-documentation cons);
> you want to know that cons takes two arguments and returns a cell
> containing them.

But it sure would be great if for Scwm I could have a graphical browser
that had the figures, too.

Greg