Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

    Per> The "full power of TeX" is useful for tweaking the appearance
    Per> of the printed manual - but that is all.  I just wanted to
    Per> emphasize is it is useless for defining new texinfo tags,
    Per> adding logic structure to a manual, or otherwise
    Per> extending/programming texinfo itself, unless you don't care
    Per> about info or html output.

It works just fine for tex, info, and html.

@macro atestmacro{param}
This test macro includes \param\.
@end macro
@atestmacro{a purple people eater}

produces:

"this test macro includes a purple people eater.

for all three.  From there the rest is trivial.

Cheers,

Clark