Re: Making Guile slower (3.4 and 6.7%). (was Re: NIMP thing)

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:
>
> > > When we understand why, we can better judge if this impact is
> > > something we want to take or not.
> >
> > Certainly, but we don't know that this is the result of the NIMP, or
> > any number of other things.
>
> I'm happy that you guys don't sit in the board of the Swedish FDA ...

There's a big difference between:

1) Hey, look, all these people ate this food and got sick. Something's
   wrong with that food.

2) All these people ate a wide variety of different foods, and became
   sick. xxx food was the culprit, because I don't like xxx food.

There were a lot of other things that could've caused the noticed
decrease, and just pretending that they weren't important because you
don't think they were important (just like I don't think that the NIMP
thing is as important as it's been made out to be) doesn't necessarily
make it so.

> I'm leaving this discussion right here.

Wimp >;').

--