Re: Making Guile slower (3.4 and 6.7%). (was Re: NIMP thing)

Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

> > Try to find where I said that Guile got sick from NIMP food.
>
> Urm... why reference the FDA, then (or is that not food & drug
> administration over there?).

(We actually have one agency for food and a different one for drugs.)

Because they deal with risks, tests, and who has the responsibility to
demonstrate what.

My benchmark _indicates_ that Guile _has_ got sick.  This means that
Guile _may have_ got sick from NIMP food.

If I had made a more precise test, it may not have shown anything at
all, in which case we would have missed that Guile has been slowed
down due to some other of Greg's changes.  The precise test is the
kind of test _you_ would use to show that NIMP food is safe for
Guile.

I leave the rest to you.