Re: guile-core patch

"Lars J. Aas" wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I'm a BeOS developer, trying to get Guile to work on BeOS.  The
> accompanying patch just wraps all "#include <arpa/inet.h>" directives
> with a "#ifdef HAVE_ARPA_INET_H/#endif" wrapper.
>
> There are more changes needed for BeOS support, and I'll look into
> that later.  E.g. libguile/filesys.c got some socket stuff that isn't
> supported under BeOS (a socket is not a filedescriptor under BeOS :(),
> but since Be has promised to clean up their networking code, I figure
> the next BeOS release (coming soon) might have fixed that problem.

This simple patch looks correct to me, I will incorporate it as soon as I
have a chance to verify guile still builds OK with it on Un*x platforms.

In general, it is better to mail patches to the list incorporated in the body
of the message rather than as attachments. If they are too large for that
(this one definitely is not) it's preferrable to put them on an ftp or web
server and send a pointer.

Thanks for helping increase the number of platforms supported by Guile!

 - Maciej