Language design values (Re: message primitive)

"Greg J. Badros" wrote:

> Sure; I think that's definitely the case which is why I'm (perhaps
> overly) willing to discuss stuff here that I'd be comfortable making w/o
> any discussion in Scwm, e.g.  But I think it's important to realize
> "good design choices" is relative to the community of users and
> developers, and not an absolute metric.

Would it be worthwhile to have a discussion in the abstract of what
we think are good design choices for a language/library?

My own list would include:

* Consistency
* Orthogonality
* Simplicity
* Convenience

Clearly, at times, there are tradeoffs to be made among these.

 - Maciej